WHEN ARE YOU OPEN?
We are open every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, and for special events.
WHAT ARE YOUR COVID-19 POLICIES?
- Please do not come to The Hunter Club if you are feeling unwell.
- We are continuing to operate at reduced hours. We are open 6pm-1am on Fridays and Saturdays, 6pm-11pm on Thursdays, and for special events.
- We will continue to be a cashless venue.
- There is seating at the bar from 6pm, when our bar and pizza kitchen open.
- Gigs will now be taking place in both gig rooms. Doors will be kept open before and after performances, but will be closed during performances where appropriate. Gigs will be operating at normal capacity.
- NHS Test & Trace Check-In posters will still be available at entrances for you to use at your discretion.
- We do not require you to present a Covid passport, proof of vaccination, or a negative test before attending events. We do however encourage everyone to take a lateral flow tests before arrival.
- We will not be enforcing mask wearing, but encourage you to do what feels safest for you, especially in crowded areas. Our staff will also be exercising their own choices.
- Hand Sanitizer will still be available at stations all around the venue.
- Glass collection tables will now be available, which will help avoid cross-contamination and extra traffic to the bar.
- Above all, please be respectful of everyone’s individual choices. We are all in this together. If you don’t feel safe coming in, we look forward to seeing you when you do. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions.
WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU PLAY?
Indie rock, jazz, acoustic singer/songwriters, folk, hip hop, opera metal, and everything in between. We are open to all genres, and try our best to be as inclusive as possible, working with our promoters to create genuine choice for you, and to be genuinely representative of our local scene. We specialise in supporting local musicians. If there’s something you’d like to see at the club, and would like to be involved in organising or promoting your own event, please do get in touch.
WILL THERE BE FOOD?
Yes! We have a gorgeous pizza menu, with fresh handmade dough. Dough balls that look more like dough boulders, vegan options, nutella twists, and much more. We also have our regular drinks & cocktails available too.
HOW HAS THE VENUE ADAPTED FOR MUSIC AND EVENTS?
We are fortunate that our space was already very flexible before the pandemic hit. Most gigs used to happen in our smaller hall, the Green Room (which is actually black), attached to the main bar. Gigs are also held in our larger hall, the Main Hall. This space has more capacity, higher ceilings, better ventilation, a separate bar area, and easier access in and out the building. It can also be kept completely separate from the main bar area. We have upgraded our ventilation system, added staff, and we have adapted our cleaning practices to match what the guidelines require.
HOW CAN I BOOK?
Tickets for gigs are booked in different ways, depending on the promoter. Please check the details of the event you want to attend on the Events page, and click the links there.
CAN I SHOW UP ON THE NIGHT WITHOUT PRE-BOOKING?
Please check details of whichever even you’re interested in, as some events have slightly different rules on ticketing depending on the promoter.
WHAT ABOUT PARKING?
Limited on street parking is available after 6pm on St. Andrews Street South, the spaces immediately in front of the venue on St. Andrews Street will not be available except for staff and disabled access. Robert Boby Way car park is a very short walk down the road.
HOW CAN MY BAND PLAY AT THE HUNTER CLUB?
Most of our gigs are run by local promoters, who choose their own lineups. Promoters we work with include Washing Machine, Green Mind Gigs, Headhunters Jazz, 42 Gigs, Delicate Management, Comedy Market, and Crying Records, to name a few. We promote our own gigs as well. You can also play our Open Mic nights, which are regularly attended by local promoters, and is a good way to get in front of people who organise gigs. Visit our page How To Play The Hunter Club to submit your information. Alternatively, you can hire the venue out to promote your own night of music, although this does come with restrictions and exceptions so it is best to get in touch.
CAN I HIRE THE VENUE FOR MY EVENT OR PARTY?
Yes! Contact us with your query and we can see if we can help. We have the two main spaces for hire, rates depend on what you’re looking for and how long the event is.
WHAT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
You can call us on 01284 723101 and ask for Sara, or email firstname.lastname@example.org